A right backsplash material installation can inject much-needed style & personality to any wall of the home (especially in the bathroom and in a kitchen), isn’t it? Even though there is a number of options to consider from marble, travertine, ceramic and much more to follow and have tough times in doing brainstorming to get your perfect backsplash material? But there is certainly one type that has the credibility to be dominant backsplash material choice for a number of upcoming years and that’s material is the glass.
Glass backsplash has numerous attributes that let it behold its popularity to such extent such as shiny glossy look & radiance it provides to the finishing design.
But being a homeowner it is a must for you to know what actually a glass backsplash brings to your wall? And we have got some of the essential pros & cons of it that you want to insight before putting hard earned money on boxes of tiles:
Pros of it:
1. Glass backsplash offers a complete array of an endless custom look. You can pick any sort of the infinite size, pattern, and color that you think will let you get your unique look from a classic subway to modern mosaics pattern. They all collectively let you get an unmatched beauty you always dreamt off.
2. One characteristic that acts as a cherry on the cake is it’s being highly hygienic in nature. Glass is regarded as the super resistant against any kind of mildew & stain growth probability (Because it has 0% water absorbency), and thus considers much sought to the people who have allergic complications.
3. The glass is also a proper eco – friendly product to use for and most of the final product is made out through the recycling.
4. A glass is comparatively easy to clean than other materials. Its non-porous surface doesn’t let any kind of penetration. Thus a simple wiping of its surface with the water is all that you have to do in the day in & day out.
Cons of it:
1. Installation of glass required any proper assistance by the professional which indeed limits the one to experiment with their DIY skills. Because its cutting & installation can be precisely be handled only by the specialist pro and it is also regarded as the expensive too. Thus, all these factors cumulatively can impact big on your wallet (Perhaps if you got enough to spent).
2. It may be regarded as the highly durable & resistible material and generally last for a much longer time period. But unfortunately, if it got any kind of niggle than its replacing can be a tricky process to implement. So prevent its surface from getting any kind of crack because it can further be expended to an entire portion.
Conclusion: Glass (despite its cost) definitely is the material that many homeowners prefer rather than other traditional material. Even if you can find its too expensive or out of reach then you can be creative by using it with ceramic or other material to get your vision into the floor.
It has the ability to bring the sparkling effect to your space & will further light it up (because it reflects the light) and thus let your space be wider & light visually.
It may demand an installation from the professional (to reduce any imperfections) but once installed, its overall maintenance only requires a scheduled watch of an eye.
Whatever options you have chosen, a professional provides the best sought of solutions on the back of their skills. At, commercial remodeling contractors The Miami Floors have the credentials to fulfill that for you – Contact us!