Linoleum nowadays applauded as one of the most eco-friendly material that any homeowner may tempt to lay while deciding to remodel there existed floor (regardless of drawbacks it has).
Although many homeowners relate this material as part of the vinyl family. But it is 100% natural material as compared to vinyl and as its general raw materials include limestone, pine rosin & sawdust, oils and color pigments.
Perhaps many modern manufactures in order to provide a more attractive end product option make many transformations with their forming techniques like adding-up an additional protective coating layer that not only enhances its lifespan but can also make it more resistive against the exposure of scratches & sunlight etc.
There is no denial that linoleum has very much to offer (regardless of its eco-friendly attributes) when it comes to select an ideal flooring material for home. But it also possesses some major drawbacks that can derail its march on being the most suitable flooring material in latest trends:
Some of the Major Drawbacks of linoleum:
- The biggest drawback of this material is its installation cost and complications during this process. Linoleum never regarded as the material that an amateur DIYer should think of putting their hands on. Because its step-by-step installation requires proper guidance from the professional because it not only requires a pinpointing cutting but also lay above the adhesive which indeed makes its installation cost to rise up gradually.
- Linoleum has very high durability to offer but its such attributes don’t really put it out of the clutches of well-known flooring problems. Its durability & resistivity comes under a serious threat if being in touch with long term composure of standing water and same goes with the sunlight which makes it looks very vulnerable and in end leads it to be replaced after some time.
- This material may not need very much maintenance throughout their time but may require occasional attention if not sealed properly.
- Its resilience is one of the positive attributes that make it be standout flooring material but it can often be dented by the coming in contact with sharp objects like high heels & edgy legs of furniture.
Some little known Advantages it offers:
- Being a total renewable flooring material (not emit VOC) but also have high durability and lifespan which generally lies between 25-40 years.
- Its cumulative installation cost can impact big on budget but its overall initial cost is very low.
Conclusion: You may find out that cons of linoleum have an edge over its pros (which generally has) and that has to address before its installation but due to its much sought of attributes it is solely regarded as the most valuable material of today market.
But, remember to consider the functionality and overall requirements of your home.
Still, something to ask for then makes a contact with us – The Miami Floors, Florida best general residential & commercial remodeling contractors.