When you’re thinking bathroom remodeling in Miami, a bad contractor can really ruin your dream as well as pocket. An extensive renovation project requires a higher level of expertise because a lot of things are involved in the making of a flawless bathroom. That’s why you should trust only professionals but how to find the right one that suits both your style and budget.
Well, here are 7 tips to help you find and work with the best bathroom remodel contractors in Miami:
- Approach Multiple Contractors: Start by interviewing multiple bathroom contractors to find the most capable one. Ask any question that comes to your mind, of course, those related to your remodeling project, to feel confident about their ability.
- Get Quotes: Once you’re done with interviewing different contractors, ask them to provide a quote for the project to gain a better insight. Ask to provide details like cost of materials, design concept, labor hours and other related things.
- Check Business Longevity: While business longevity is not a guarantee of quality, it’s always good to work with an experienced contractor especially if they have delivered satisfactory results. Avoid companies that make false promises but deliver nothing.
- Licensed and Insured: Ask them to show proof that they are licensed and insured to ensure that you’re not liable in case of injuries or accidents on the site. Also, check bonding certificate to make sure they’re allowed to work within the region.
- Everything in Writing: After satisfying on one contractor, get everything in writing in the form of a contract. Scrutinize the contract to make sure it contains a payment schedule, a site plan, and scope of work, construction tasks, change clause, and more.
- Know the Process: Even if this is just about bathroom remodeling, some kind of design planning must be there. Generally, there are five stages including the design stage, demolition stage, roughing-in stage, installation stage, and completion stage.
- Be Flexible: Sometimes even the best bathroom remodeling contractors run into unforeseen problems, so be prepared for everything. Expect a little deviation in terms of budget and timeframe.
Just because the bathroom is a small space, don’t underestimate the importance of good bathroom remodeling in Miami. There’s still the complexity of skills involved such as tiling, plumbing, electrical, coloring, and designing. Always remember that the lowest option may not be your best pick, a good bathroom remodeling company might help you save money in the long run.